inTank Media Baskets

[12g nano cube dx] Stocking?

smokieroom

As the title says I have a 12g nano cube dx that just finished the cycle this week. So far I have 5 astrea snails 2 scarlet hermits 5 blueleg hermits and 1 green clown goby. My question is my wife has decided that she wants to have a maited pair of false perc clowns in the tank will this be overstocking? If so it is not really a problem as i have a 180 gal reef that I can move the goby to if it is a problem. I just need to know if it is ok to leave the goby in the 12 gal or move it when I get the clown pair. Btw I do have a fuge setup in the middle chamber and i always do a weekly water change.

As the title says I have a 12g nano cube dx that just finished the cycle this week. So far I have 5 astrea snails 2 scarlet hermits 5 blueleg hermits and 1 green clown goby. My question is my wife has decided that she wants to have a maited pair of false perc clowns in the tank will this be overstocking? If so it is not really a problem as i have a 180 gal reef that I can move the goby to if it is a problem. I just need to know if it is ok to leave the goby in the 12 gal or move it when I get the clown pair. Btw I do have a fuge setup in the middle chamber and i always do a weekly water change.

Important Point ... are you going to add corals? If so, I would say you are at the limit, but should be OK with close attention to Nitrates (and Ammonia). If this is a FOWLR with a fuge, no problem. If corals are desired, I would lean towards those that can tolerate "dirtier water" such as Xenia.

My 2 cents

Cheers.

Solarflare8806

and also if you put any corals that have soft bodies like Euphylia then you better take out all but maybe one of those hermits becuase hermit crabs that crawl on any soft part of a coral can damage that coral and possible cause an infection like brown jelly. good luck hope it goes well!

and also if you put any corals that have soft bodies like Euphylia then you better take out all but maybe one of those hermits becuase hermit crabs that crawl on any soft part of a coral can damage that coral and possible cause an infection like brown jelly. good luck hope it goes well!

Good point with the crabs.

I had crabs for years in my FOWLR tanks and I could never keep snails for too long. Then I had a tank that had all of my crabs die off and wonder-of-wonders my snails stopped dyeing.

I try to completely go without crabs in any of my tanks, especially those with corals and anenomes.

Cheers

Thanx for all the helpfull info I will keep a eye on the crabs. I never have had a problem in my 180 reef with crabs but there is a lot less per tank size in it than the 12 gal (let the LFS talk me into more crabs).

Archived