Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Impulse buy

technoshaman

I was at one of my regular LFS today that usually has some neat stuff and lo and behold they had 6 blue spot jawfish. They looked ridiculously healthy and had all built little dens around the tank. They had them priced at 60.00 , I have seen them occasionally cheaper on line but you have to deal with shipping/not being able to see them. So I bought him, brought him home and evicted all the crabs from my old nano (was the Penalty Box tank - they are now all in my 18 gal tall LR curing tank) an eclipse 6 gallon. I decided to keep him in here temporarily since it's fully cycled and has a nice tight fitting lid (supposedly notorious jumpers). Acclimated him about an hour, let him loose and within 3 minutes he was already building his little fortress. The colors on this little guy are unreal and amazing personality. I had been wanting a pair of yellowhead jawfish but these are so darn cool looking. I may pick up another next paycheck and move them to a spare 10 gallon - supposedly they are fun to watch interact.

Most I've ever spent on a fish so far but wow they are gorgeous.

Archived