inTank Media Baskets

Perc hosts?

suebedube

I kinda asked this ? once but I got a plate coral ,and love it, but my true(maybe false) perc hasn't noticed it and it's been almost a week. I'm I being too impatient? Probly am. So I was thinking carpet anemone but I saw Hubu's post in the classified and know do not know what to do...

2 other ?s what does bta stand for?

And I tried to feed the plate some frozen brine with some Zoe additive with the curretn off but it did nothing...

Not sure if a plate coral is a good host or not.  i have heard of umbrella leathers, Xenia, and other corals as clownfish hosts.  My two falsies took to a torch coral, it took a few months for them to become attached tho.  Good luck.

thegr8tdane

Yeah I've heard they take awhile. I'm waiting for mine to host with a hammer

(Edited by thegr8tdane at 6:04 pm on May 17, 2002)

Just to answer one of your questions, BTA stands for Bubble Tip Anemone.  I would advise against keeping any type of anemone in a nano.  They are pretty fussy and move around a lot.  

chances are...your fish might not even go to any....

theres really no way of forcing a clown to host, corals or even an anomone.

so dont expect it, cuz it will just dissapoint you when you do :)

Kryptonite123

Bta's are actually pretty good, and docile anemone's.  I have one in my 15g and it hasn't moved since I put it in.  Just read up on them and find a place in your tank that you know they would like.  Put them there.  Chances are that a bta will attach and not move if the conditions are right for it.  I put mine in my tank when the tank was only 1 1/2 months old and it has done great.  Once they get acclimated they are very hardy.  I will say though that it may take a while for a false perc to take to a bta because that is not one of their natural hosts.  Although they will take to it eventually.  Bta's are more suitable hosts for Tomatos and Maroons.  Good luck!

Archived