SaltCritters.com

Pyramidellid!?

Alexraptor

Their back! i just saw one sucker crawlin on the glass, but i was unable to catch them, i had them once before sitting on the shell of my trochus. but i was able to take them all back then.

But now months later, more than half a year later, i find one again, why??? how??? there arent any clams around. do Pyramidellid snails eat clams/snails or do they lay eggs in them? and how the hell can i get rid of these bastards in a 15g tank!?

im pretty sure it's a rumor that they only are parasitic on clams. i believe they are parasites on many mollusks, including snails. i have them in my clam-less tank riding on the turbos en mass. the turbos are like 8 years old, so they can deal with some hangers on, but yea, ive never ever owned a clam and have them.

you might just be SOL. :happy: I know i am.

the mystery here is, that i looked all my snails over and i found no trace of pyramidellid's on them, its strange, and so far ive only seen one single snail. pop up, but i manually eradicated them months ago, last year even i think. they are supposed to die without a host to feed off.

HH?

anyway if i have some hidden clams,(wich i havent seen), should i just wait a few months for them and the snails to die off if i want to get Tridaca clams?

DementedLullaby
HH?

anyway if i have some hidden clams,(wich i havent seen), should i just wait a few months for them and the snails to die off if i want to get Tridaca clams?

Sorry hitchhikers :)

I don't know if it could be the case, just an idea

Archived