inTank Media Baskets

Dumping Kalk directly in Tank

mattquist

O.K., here we go....

After months of sitting here at work, secretly sneaking to read these posts I finally get up the nerve to start a thread, and absorb the wrath of daves flames!

Anyway, I have been adding Kalk to my tank directly via the 'ol turkey baster. About 1-2 squirts every 2-3 hours. I don't have the space to hang a drip system, nor the money for an automatic doser. Question is, am I going to cause too quick of a PH swing in the tank doing it this way? The Kalk is made of 1 heaping teaspoon/gal of RO H20.

Thanks!

That seems like a crapload of kalk dosing every day to me. You really need a calcium and alkalinity test kits to know what is occuring in there. What do you have in the tank? That will determine how much and how often to dose the tank.....youi NEED test kits....every tank have different absorbtion rates and demands so we can't tell you how to do it. With test kit results we can help more but now I'd just be shooting in the dark.

Cameron

are you adding FRESHcalk or limewater that the calk has settled and disolved in?

PS: Fer not the Darkside.... you didn't post like a ree'ftard, and yer question is valid. Kalkwasser is more intimidating then me :happy:

Archived