Innovative Marine Aquariums

First year in my new hobby

demodan

Well, it's been a year so far, and all I have killed is a hammer coral. My water quality has stayed consistant, and I have even done some fragging and trading. Next, I am going to set up a 55. God I love this.

Specs? Thank you for asking, I love pretending to know what I'm doing.

The first is an Eclipse system 12, 20 lbs of sand and 15lbs of rock. Using the included filter and a rio 600 for water movement. I use Instant Ocean salt. The lighting is custom sea life super nova, I believe 28 watts. No skimming.

The next is a 10 gallon, Custon sea life lighting, Aquarium systems pump, Ebo- Jager heater, same sand and rock as the first. Too bad the blue tang is hiding, he is so beautiful. I got lucky with him, bought him to graze on hair algae that was growing.

agreed that that is a beautiful piece. The hippo is not hiding, it's in the upper right area of the tank. I hope you plan on moving it to the 55 once it's set up.

Its a blue gorgonian see Tullocks book (natural reef aquarium) for exact species but I think its Acalycigoria sp...I had one a while back and it is VERY difficult to keep alive. Its non photosynthetic so you must feed phyto daily! They are very beautiful though. What ever you do do not let any algae grow on the branches or you can kiss it good-bye and make sure its in a spot with very good water flow.

No, I'm not mad, but the tang might be. He is small, and likes the tank. Right now, I am waiting on the final piece for my 75, and when I get it, he will live there. I'm going broke setting it up, but man will it be cool.

Originally posted by demodan

No, I'm not mad, but the tang might be. He is small, and likes the tank. Right now, I am waiting on the final piece for my 75, and when I get it, he will live there. I'm going broke setting it up, but man will it be cool.

Well, you do know that it will take atleast 5-6 month's for the 75 to get stable enough to keep a tang. And till then it will probably get stressed and get ick in that small tank :(

Archived