Pod Your Reef

Worm/Duster splitting?

Karkadannspiral

Karkadannspiral

Heya, I was just wondering if there were any tube/feather duster worms that split, and if its a good thing. I have one on a piece of liverock and at first I thought it was just oddly shaped - with fans out it is smaller than my thumb nail, it has a tube about 3/4 as long as its total legnth coming from its center, and appeared to be slightly 8- shaped. A week later a second tube has grown out, and it appears to be almoast compeltely divided.

The tank has been up for almoast a month, 10 gal, its got one 15wat flourescent light, and tomorrow Ile add another 15 with a arctic(sp?) bulb for 30. Full of atleast 3 types of crawlies on the glass, 7lbs of liverock, and will be adding more when I find somewhere that sells for less than 8$ a lb unless you buy in bulk. (and NOT in Tampa, scary scary driving) A powerhead and a hob filter for water movement. Theres whatever was growing on the rock (various algaes, a few tube worms) as well as 2 mexican orange turbos that were a mistake apparently as the rock is fast becoming white... :*( Should I try go to another pet shop that has astera/nass snails and ask for a 1/1 trade? Or just give em away? Or am I over reacting?

Archived