Cultivated Reef

URGENT!

flick

My 5.5 month old 15g was fine. Has single clown, and chormis in it. Cleanup crew, sand, LR e.t.c. I just tested water, AFTER 2g water change, and nitrates are 80!!! Ammonia is Ammonia is .40, ph is 8, nitrite is 0!!! Every water RO place is closed now, as its 10:03pm! Help guys! My clown has a few tini spots... They dont stand out that much, but he still has them. Both fish are eating well, and are active...what can i do? I just fed them before i tested water...they ate fine!!! Will they be dead in morning? OHH NO!!! What do i do! Please help! I have no leftover RO water...or no chemicals to dechlorinate tap water! :( Aiptasias that are in the tank (there 3 on LR) are out like normal, but they look weak, and not content really... What should i do guys!?!?!?!??!

Flick :(

ReefApprentice

I would retest it and what test kit are you using? Just let things settle, and you should have some intense algae growth tomorrow. Don't worry unless you have any SPS or clams.

Alex

Thanks!

Im useing 'Saltwater Master Liquid Test Kit'..its accurate and works good... Alge from what? Ammonia and Nitrate? Im not usuing tap water...doesnt algae come quick only if you use tapwater? Will my fish survive though? Their both still active, and my clown is out in middle of water swimming around...now hes at top looking for food...The chromis goes to bed around now..so hes in hiding. The chromis has been picking on the clown the past couple days. When my family and i move to our new house on July 24th, im going to get rid of the chromis, and if the move goes good, get another clown. How do you suggest i move the tank? Its a FOWLR, and will only have sand, LR, single clown, water, 3 margarita snails, 7 blue legged hermits, powerhead 70, aqua mini fuge, heater, and basic flourescent 50/50 canopy... I have numerous fishie bags from pet stores to carry over the water and fish. Should i keep the sand in the tank, so i dont have to disturb it? And LR will go in a bag aswell...what do you guys suggest aswell? Thanks again!

Flick :)

travisurfer

the algae would grow from excess nutrients in the water. hope all turns out ok.

i forgot, retest the water to make sure you didnt get false readings.

Hey

All was fine in morning... All parameters are fine...didnt even have t do another water change ;) Clowns got no more spots, chromis if active as usual, and i gave the tank a nice gravel siphon, looks much better ;)

clifford513
Hey

All was fine in morning... All parameters are fine...didnt even have t do another water change ;) Clowns got no more spots, chromis if active as usual, and i gave the tank a nice gravel siphon, looks much better ;)

What are you using for substrate? Gravel or crushed coral will trap uneaten food and fish waste and can cause lots of problems with water quality.

Archived