Cultivated Reef

current for 10g nano

ffjim811

hello just like to say i just joined your group and setting up my first saltwater tank. my ? is,would a maxi-jet 400 be enough current for a 10g nano plus the current i have from my filter for flow only? the filter is a whisper 1 thanks for your help JIM

bump

it depends on your aquascaping and livestock if the maxi 400 is enough, not enough, or too much. reason being, some animals need pretty slow current while others need a high current with still others in the middle range.

if you provide a little more info on your setup or planned setup we can offer better advice than 'it depends'. a lot of PH placement and aquascaping does depend on your personal preferences and desired biotope emulation. hth

• 3 weeks later...
harbingerofthefish

with the combination of my HOB and PH I'm pumping 225 +/- gph in my 7 gallon tank.

I have a couple of nice swirl areas but nothing seems to be smacked around by too much flow.

SeaMountain

I picked up 2 Micro*Jet 320's which pump 73gph apiece. I thought 146gph combined would be enough for my 10g. After mixing saltwater in the tank it appears as if it may not be enough water movement, judging by the salt mix swirls. :*(

Hopefully after my LS and LR come in and get aquascaped, the PH's will then be enough. ;)

Archived