Top Shelf Aquatics

Upgraded to a 2.5 AGA - goodbye Aquavase

riotj

Well the corals were growing too fast so I upgraded - 330%! The tank has a Current Satellite 18W w/moonlight on top, I am using an Aquaclear mini on the side which I believe is creating better flow in the tank. Used the live sand and rock from the Aquavase and also added 3 more pounds of live rock. Everything is a okay except for the blue sponge - it has met it's demise.

Picture047.jpg

Picture044.jpg

Looks great! What is that orangish brownish coral in the middle?

texan

If it's the big one sort of to the right of center it is some sort of hairy mushroom that is really growing too fast. When I got it it was no larger than a quarter. Now it is about 4 inches across. It was the reason for my breaking down the .75g lol. Honesly I hope it is not one of those elephant mushrooms!!!! It used to be more green but we had a warm spell in socal and I wasn't prepared for it. It lost a lot of it's zoozanthellae. So did the frogspawn. I hope they recover.

is that one of those rare fire fish, I forget the name?

Just your average fire fish - 8.99 not 89.99!!!! He's still alive somewhere in the 2.5g

irishtexan

Awesome. I thing firefish are so cool looking. You will have to keep us updated on its progress.

texan

Thanks. I had it for about 3 weeks and it actually grew that neck - sort of looked like a crane. Then it suddenly died around the time of the socal heat spell which caught me off guard. It could have also been that my luck ran out since I was told most people can't keep them alive unless they are in greater than 100g tanks. If I find a small frag like that again, i will definately give it another try in another part of the tank that gets greater flow. Flow is a little low below the return part of the aquaclear and I read that the should be treated like sps. High flow

• 3 weeks later...
Fishfreak218
amazing tank! much better than the 2,5 but that was nice too

huh??

the tank he has now is a 2.5g... his old tank was a .75g

sorry rleon - didn't like the camera so I brought it back to the store. Yes I am using the aquaclear 20 - it used to be called the mini. Also, I am not using an internal pump for circulation. Placing the aquaclear on the side of the tank provides enought flow around the tank, I find. hope that helps

Archived