Innovative Marine Aquariums

Going Reef, Need help on supplments.

RLiu818

I had my 10 gallon as a FOWLR and i have just begun to set it up so that is reef ready.

Converted to Aragonite from Crushed Coral.

STarted running Prizm Skimmer.

And ordered custom light w/ 70W MH from PSL.

Now I need to kno what supplments i need to buy to keep corals. With fish it was easy, just buy food. But with corals there seem to be so many supplments.

I plan on keeping SPS. But no clams. So what supplments do i need? What brand you recommend? Should I get the same brand for each supplment or is there good ones for each type that I should look for. Thanks

Definitely need to supplement calcium and alkalinity. You'll have to decide how to do it. There are a ton of posts. Most (me included) prefer a two part ca/alk supplement such as b-ionic, or c-balance.

Other than that, you'll have to experiment and find out. I dose iodine (for my xenia), Thiel's liquid gold (for trace elements), and Kent Tech two part calcium additive. I also add DT's every other day.

RLi,

Whatever you decide, try to keep all of your supplements by the same company so that they compliment each other. I dose all kent, Part A&B (calcium & Alk), Tech-I (Iodine) & Tech-M (magnesium). You can also use products from C-Balance, Restore, Oceans Blend, or B-ionic.

Hope that helps. Altho, it really depends on the corals you want to grow.

MacnReef

Archived