Coral Vue Hydros

Wobbly Sixline

shrinky

Well, I finally did it – after wanting a sixline wrasse for so long, I picked one up yesterday – he had just come into the store that day. After acclimating him for a significant amount of time (about 2 hours), I put him in the tank, and everything seemed to be fine – he was swimming around, checking things out, he wasn’t bothering anyone and no one seemded to bother him. This morning, I awoke to find him ‘sleeping’ between some rocks, behind a curtain/cocoon, which I already knew was common for these fish.

But after the lights had been on for about 15, he started having trouble swimming – it was as if he was disoriented, and/or had no power. Now from what I have seen/learned, they are darting, swimming fish, and my tank doesn’t have overwhelming current.

Could it be that he is just still adjusting from his trip and acclimation? Has anyone else had similar experiences with these fish? My tank params are good, in fact the fish/tank/coral are doing extremely well, and the tank in general seems to be flourishing. I just hope he’s doing ok when I get home from work.

djchristone

i don't know anything about that fish but i do know that you shouldn't really buy fish when they come in right away. wait a day or two...preferabbly more...then all the weak/sick ones usually die off...:\

good luck with your fish though :\

i don't know anything about that fish but i do know that you shouldn't really buy fish when they come in right away. wait a day or two...preferabbly more...then all the weak/sick ones usually die off...:\

good luck with your fish though :\

He is actually doing much better today - went after mysis and even flake food I fed him - hopefully he was just adjusting.

My intent was to get him before he was even put into the LFS tanks so that he wouldn't have to acclimate twice, but the timing didn't quite work out.

One Eyed Bunny

It happens. They're best to buy right out of the box only because they rarely ship well and have a high die-off percentage in shipping and traveling.

Archived