ReefCleaners.org

Goo Gone works on Acrylic to take stickers off

TheIceberg

I never saw a post on this doing a search so I thought I would post this to increase the general knowledge base available on these boards.

I bought an acrylic tank the other day. A TruVU which has a little sticker saying that name in the corner. I did some research on mild clensers and nothing took it off until I found Goo Gone. This is some amazing stuff and it is all natural citrus so it is fairly safe stuff. Anyway, it took the sticker off completely and did absolutely no damage to the acrylic. In fact, it did a dam good job of cleaning the arylic.

Oh, and for the record toothpaste works really well to take off surface scratches without harming the acrylic either.

Hope this into might help someone.

are you sure it dosen't harm the acrylic? goo gone is made by the same company as goof off and i used goof off alot to take paint off of stuff and it doesn't scratch acrylic but it hazes it. not saying that goo gone does the same thing but i would test it on a larger peice of scrap acrylic to make sure. if it does in fact work theres also another citrus cleaner out there called Ball comes in a spray can. we used this on delicate surfaces to take paint off that goof off would damage.

I used it on my acrylic tank in many areas (after testing it) three days ago and it is still fine with no hazing. I will follow up in a week or so to make sure it is still true.

Archived