Coral Vue Hydros

Ive got an idea......

sandlot13

Okay, so my addiction needs to be fed again, and from what I can see, the thing I want to do the most is a simple, yet elegant 2.5 aga pico.... but theres a catch.

Can I do a pistol shrimp/ goby combo and have it be successful in a 2.5 gallon without it restricting the habits of the animals?

Im looking at getting a small goby (high fin, or something that stays about an inch) and then a randall's pistol shrimp (get to about 3/4 of an inch). I saw pairs in a LFS a few weeks ago, and i guess that kinda sparked my idea tonight.........

whats everyone think? doable? I would just get a small PC light fixture, some live rock and sand..... let it cycle through over a few weeks, maybe add a few easy corals, then if i can find it for the right price, add the two inhabitants. Any objections? any tips? any ideas for some good combonations of a pistol/goby pair? thanks!

I woudl say its doable, but you would probably need to watch your params pretty carefully. 2.5g's a prttey small volume once you add the rock and sand. If you can pull it off, I think it would look fantastic.

oh yes, params would have to be watched carefully..... but if i take it slow enough, they should stabalize fairly well and make it not too difficult to manage...........

Archived