SaltCritters.com

s3aL's NEW 100g RR tank setup ***PIC INTENSE***

s3aL

Sup reefers, this is my newly setup 100g rr tank thread. This is my 4th tank in about 4 years and have learned alot since my first tank as you will see in the little timeline of pictures I have below.

First saltwater tank ever, 29g starter kit from petco lol.

fullview.jpg

Second tank, 45g tall. Still didnt know much as you can see.

44gfrontshot.jpg

Third tank, 45g long. Started to learn a few things.

fulltankshot.jpg

Then I changed things up in the 45g long and wanted to get into SPS but had some problems due to improper equipment and a heat issue due to 2x250w MH on a 45g tank. This tank was decent but I had money issues at that time and tank problems and decided to take it down.

Fulltankshot10-13-05.jpg

8 months later, I got the reefing bug again and started saving up for all new equipment to start up a new 100 rr tank. Tank specs and equipment are as followed......

100g reef-ready acrylic tank 48x24x20

4x54w T5 Icecap Retro kit (2xblueplus 2xaquablue)

2x54w Tek T5 Retro kit w/SLR reflectors (2xblueplus)

Deltec MCE600 skimmer

Eheim 1260 return pump

EcoTech Marine Vortech pump

350w & 250w Titanium heaters

120lbs mixed Live rock

80lbs Live sand

Here are some pictures of the new setup and equipment.

DeltecMCE600.jpg

EcotechVortechpump.jpg

Rancocontroller.jpg

DIYsump.jpg

6bulbHOT5.jpg

fans.jpg

FTS2xB.jpg

FTS2xAB4xB.jpg

Mysmallroom.jpg

Well thats my story :) . Tank was setup 13 days ago with cured LR/LS. I just introduced a cleaning crew to it(30 blue leg hermits and 6 turbo snails). Gunna wait alittle longer before I start adding anything else to it.

nice setup

looks like youve gone a long way since the start

have you thought about any other bulbs other than the 2 you chose?

last time i did a little research on t5s i saw sooo many different color bulb choices

anyways awesome start and nice equipment

mike

Agreed, awesome start!

Hmmm...did you get your inspiration from Danano? Very similar design. Good luck with everything, and glad to see you back!

Thanks guys B) .

I got the vortech pump for about $350.00 and love it. At 100% speed it pushes 3000gph of wide and gentle flow. My return is pushing about 450gph after headlose and the vortech pump is set around 75% and im getting all kinds of random flow everywhere in the tank. The best part of it is, it doesnt even put any heat into your tank. When the controller comes out, im thinking of picking up another pump and the controller so I can have one on each side and have even more random flow.

Danano tank is always a good T5 inspiration along with Iwan's tank and a few others.

Bulb choice, I like a 14-20k look to my tank so I went with 4xblueplus and 2xaquablues. My tank is alittle bluer then the second FTS above with all the lights on. Thats one of the reasons I went with the IC ballast so I can have the bluer bulbs and still have enough PAR down low for clams/SPS. UVI just came out with a few new bulbs also which includes a new super actinic bulb, so ill wait to see some reviews on those before I look into them.

Im gunna let the tank sit for a couple more weeks before I start adding any fish/coral so be on the look out then for new pics!

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Nice fans, did you go to target and get them? I have a set on my tank and they work really nice....

MG

Archived