Coral Vue Hydros

blastomosa

SLOreefer

well on my blaustomosa some of the polyps are reseading and showing some of the skeltal structur. is there any way to save this? this is my first time keeping this coral and dont know how it acts or anything like that. any suggestions?

I dont know blastomussas either, but if you want someone identify the problem, you'll need to give more details.

whats your water's specs?

What kind of light is it under?  close or far from the light?

how long have you had it?

did you acclimate it?

could it have been damaged physically? or been eaten by something in your tank?

that kind of stuff.

everything else in my tank is doing great. i ave a trumpet another blaustomosa xenia, star polyps, and just otehr mushrooms and stuff. specs on tank

Calcium 475

alk 11

ph 8.3

ammonia 0

nitrate 10

nitrite 0

the blastomosa is in the middle of my tank. it looks like the tissue is kinda just sinking into the skeloton at night. during the day it is fully extended and looks great but the tissue seems to be receeding alot more than it used to. ive had it for about a months now and acclimated it carefully. my other blaustomosa is doing great.

yeah styrf i just id a wate change after the post. insted of doing weekly wate changes i think im going to start doing like 1/2 gallon bi-weekly to keep everythin in check.

If you change 1 gallon a week you will change 50% more water than changing 1/2 gal twice a week. go with 2 1 gallon changes for a couple of weeks and slow down on food during that time. should come right back into line. The nitrates that is....not sure about the blastumosa generaly receding, could be many things including some as simple as placement in the tank Etc.

HTH,

Toy

(Edited by Toyfreek at 2:28 am on May 19, 2002)

(Edited by Toyfreek at 2:29 am on May 19, 2002)

sounds like RTN ( rapid Tissue Necrocy) starting. Id start with better water quality and it could be a lack of food for the coral. I have had blast do great some others do crappy... some recover some dont. I have MEAT corals

(or doughnuts) do the same. with allll the $ invested in yer lill glass ocean, the last thing I would do is go cheep on the W/C and salt. Try using TropicMarin its a good salt.

Archived