SaltCritters.com

(( Nano- setup approval ))

R*Frost*

i have now been studying this board closely for about 6 months now and got tons of info on nano and reef setups. I have a pretty good clue of how to setup my nano now i was just wondering if and of you REEFERS out there have any problems i may encounter with my setup or ideas. OR anything i may have left out

I have finally got round too buying Corals and invertabrates quick guide by Julian sprung (heard that they are very good books.)

OK THEN NOW TO THE SETUP.

1. 36x12x12 (21.84 us gal )

2. Lighting considering ASL compact pc 2x65w T5 lighting, D&D mega twin T5 lighting.

3. Maxijet 1000lph powerhead.

4. 20lb cured live sand and 12.5 kg of normal coral sand

5. 10kg of cured LR.

6. tetra tec 150 w heater.

ALL oppoins/ideas appreciated.

regards,

SIMON

get another powerhead and keep them at opposite ends of the tank pointed at the front glass. That way the flow can run into eachother and create a more random flow.

i plan on getting 1x atinic bulb 12,000k 1x daylight atinic 7,000 mix + 12,000k.

as i said just ordered some books what types of corals could i grow i was hoping to grow some LPS and SPS

powerhead?

another powerhead of the sam type maxi 1000?

That sounds great to me. NR53 is right use two PH's to meet in the middle. I'm contemplating on adding another to provide more flow behind the rock setup.

With that size of tank you could use 96w PC's, I'm sure you could support some SPS and LPS in that tank.

I picked up 2 MicroJet PH's with adjustable flows of 32, 48 and 73 gph. Aiming them at the front-center of the tank was my plan too, adjusting them to suit. I thought it might be a tad too much flow, being my first tank and all. Never even considered a THIRD one behind the rock though.

Still laying out my stand and hood drawings and plan to cut wood in a week or two. Until then... It's this forum, catalogs and the "Conscientious" aquarium book! B)

P.S. If only I could get MORE work done during office hours!!! It's TOO DAMN intersting reading posts and planning out tanks! :D

does any 1 have any experiance of T5 lighting. I have looked at a few pics and it shows that T5 lighting was nearly as good as MH for growing corals. What fish do u think would look good together in this setup. Advice appreciated

p.s when i get it all setup i will post some pics of it :)

Christopher Marks

One of our user's that had T5 lighting said that after prolonged use, he noticed a lack of coral growth. He however said that he felt the problem was from the bulbs he used, which were not made for aquarium use.

His username is 'Sahin'. A search with his username should bring it up.

by the way what fish would u think might look good together in a 21 gal.

i was thinking of a yellow wathman gobt + a pistol shrimp if i could find 1

or

a midas blenny

your 7.5 on your desk looks cool i am thinking of after a year of setting up this tank maybe setting up a minibow on my desk but dealears are in short supply in the uk

i have 2 t5s on my 36x18x12 also with a blue NO tube.

they seem to be working very well and my corals have grown alot. i mainly have soft corals though.

your setup seems good bu as mentioned add more flow and i would add a protein skimmer which will stop any plauge algae which alot of people seem to be having .

i have a turboflotor 1000 on a uk 30 gallon which is rated for up to 250uk gallons.

Archived