Pod Your Reef

pimafix

djchristone

djchristone

is pimafix reef safe? invert safe? etc etc.

i just came back from a 4 day trip and i had my brother check in daily but the guy is an idiot. one of my clownfish is dead and the other has developed a bunch fungus on one side of it's body. i just need to know if pimafix is reef safe. thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

im sure they say it is, but anything that doesnt have a 3 day effect afterwards is deemed "safe". i would never use it in a reef.

both pima and melafix are made with terrestrial plant oils and are not normal in ocean water. i would not use it unless you quarentine the fish. honestly, i dont think the medication even works regardless.

fungai found on fish is almost impossible unless the fish was long dead. it was probably a bacterial infection that your fish died from and then was fungused over. bacterial infections come from the chemistry of the water being poor on an open wound (usually) and the cause of the infection (water) cannot be fixed with a medication. so it's useless unless the fish was alive, and as i said, even then it may not really work.

Archived