SaltCritters.com

Any additions to top off water?

spankey

I have my 12 gallon aquapod on a floatswitch which is ran to an airpump. Its the comon airpump top off with a gallon jug for water storage?

I was curious? Due to summer months a head and evaporation? Is there anything that I can safely mix in my top off water that would benefit my nano? I roughly go thru about a half gallon a day top off?

Anyone add anything to thier top off water for thier nano's? I know weekely water changes is all we really need? I just want to make sure with adding a half gallon a day, there isn't something I should be putting back in as well?

Thanks

Spankey!

some people add calcuim supplements or kalkwasser to top off water, unless you know exactly how much water evaporates and exactly how much that supplements would effect the water in the dosage being added i would recommend just adding a water conditioner.

i just top off with ro water. i knpw some people top off with kalk (and i have thought about it), but i have never done this so i can't really give much advice on doing it.

I add a buffer to my RO water in my 5 gallon top-off container. I find that it helps keep my pH/Alk much more stable in my main tank.

Jesse

Archived