Coral Vue Hydros

Re-Newing the Nano

BJK2

Hello Fellow Nano-Reefers,

I am back ready to create the ultimate 15 Gallon Reef. You may have seen my 2.5 stock pico entry, it was nice but not up to winning quality. The tank that I plan to present will bring out the best of my reefkeeping abilities. Past Reef is a 20 gallon long which was upgraded into my current 90 Gallon reef. The 90 provided life to the 2.5 which is now the starting point of the 15 gallon.

Life Components of 2.5:

zoos, mushrooms, gogorian, frogspawns. nothing much:only enough to fill a 2.5 for the contest.

- All of these corals are now in the 15 which will provide a better environment for them to thrive, in the 2.5 they only survived.

Dry Goods of the 15:

15 gallon aga long. (free, I found this tank)

Remora protein skimmer (from 20L)

finnex 150 watt titanium heater (from 20L)

Whisper 30 hob filter (won in Tropical Fish Hobbiest Contest)

Coralife thermometer (bought special for this tank)

250 Watt Hamilton HQI halide w/ 14K Blueline bulb (I am the third or more owner)

Stand (custom built by my dad and myself, stained to match my furniture)

Live Goods

Liverock (from 20H puffer tank, prievously found in an unknown's faiure of a 55)

Corals- Above stated from 2.5 for now, as well as a special blasto purchase made today

Fish- 1 Yellow Watchman Goby

Inverts- 1 baby pistol shrimp (.5 inches at most .25 at smallest), many snails (most babies from 2.5, a few from 90), Crabs (from 20 h puffer tank, he is a nice puffer who resides in the 90 reef now)

Pictures will be updated soon. it is 12:46 am right now and not a good time to photograph the reef.

Archived