inTank Media Baskets

1 gallon stocking ideas

Gerber77

I was cleaning all my tanks and getting them ready for sale when I found an old 1 gallon tank with lights and filter. I was going to take a break from the hobby for a while but I have some live rock and 1 green hairy shroom, so I decided to put live sand, live rock, and water from my 29 into the 1 gallon tank. I need your input on what I should put in there. The lighting is only 10 watts 50/50 pc. I was thinking of a few zoas and I want to know how much light blastos need. Let me know everybody. Thanks.

irishtexan

You could keep some zoo's, shrooms, sun coral(if u want to deal with the maintanence), non-photosynthic corals, featherdusters, sexy shrimp trio, a hermit, and a snail.

just my .02

texan

Um, just a question because I'm interested for my 8 gallon as well. Is it possible to have sun corals in a small tank--either 1.5 or 8? Won't the feeding they require mess up the water quality. I think they are beautiful and like the idea that they need to be fed. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Um, just a question because I'm interested for my 8 gallon as well. Is it possible to have sun corals in a small tank--either 1.5 or 8? Won't the feeding they require mess up the water quality. I think they are beautiful and like the idea that they need to be fed. Any suggestions? Thanks!

You'd deffinately have your work cut out for you if you keep sun corals in a small tank. Monitoring water quality, and cleaning up after feed time ,etc...

as for OP, 10w over 1g isn't too much (sounds like a screw-in bulb). I'd just so the simple stuff like general shrooms & zoos, etc...

fishbabies

I keep a sun coral in a 1.75 gallon and it works just fine. i target feed it every 3 days and it is growing. the night after the feeding i do a small 10% water change which is easy for a 1.75 gallon...maybe harder for an 8 gallon. i feed it thru the top rounded portion of a water bottle connected to tubing and a syringe. the water bottle makes a bell shape that envelopes the coral completely and the nutrient rich water inside is flushed out after the coral is done feeding. the bell also keeps shrimp from picking at the sun while it is covered in food

Archived