Coral Vue Hydros

Metal halide Ballast

Seth

I just got my ballast for 150 Watt hqi.

I connected everything but the bulb doesn't light up.

Does the ballast need time to warm up or something?

I dunno whats wrong.

I think I put the bulb in the right side.

If it's an older magnetic ballast (it would be very heavy) then it would take a while to light up to it's full intensity. When I had mine running on a magnetic it took about 15 minutes to fire up to it's full intensity. If youre not getting anything at all when you turn it on perhaps you've wired it incorrectly. Double check to make sure you've followed the diagram on the ballast. Since I've never used an elctronic MH ballast I could'nt tell you any details about how they operate

BTW: If it's been 'prewired' for you and it's not firing then i would call the company you purchased it from regardless of whether or not it's magnetic or electronic.

You've lost me buddy ???. You're going to have to answer a couple questions before myself or anyone else can help you.

1. Did you wire it yourself? (if so why dont you attach some pics so i can have a look)

2. What do you mean by 'Does it matter which end you plug it in?'. Both ends of a DE bulb need to be connected if that is what you are referring to.

(BTW be careful, if youve wired it yourself and done it incorrectly you could get electrocuted or start a fire.)

Archived