Coral Vue Hydros

Lighting Stand Plans

Crimper

Nice stand! ;)

I'm waffling between building a small custom stand or using the $39.00 bedroom nightstand from Wally World. The nightstand is similar to what you have your tank on except it has a drawer. There would be room underneath for a refugium, and by removing the drawer a light could be wired up for it as well.

Leaving the drawer would allow additional storage too.

Your plans for the light stand look good. Me? I just pencil stuff out on graph paper! LOL You guys with all the CAD experience kill me!

What type of lighting are you using and what are you planning on keeping? I hear there arte critters which will LEAP out of your tank! :D Will you have a barrier or lid of some sort?

ya im thinking of putting a sheet of either plexiglass, or tempered glass over the top.

I build the stand there for an old aquarium last year. I upgraded to a larger tank so I had this beautful oak stand that i made going to waste.

My lighting is just a couple T8 Floursents...to start off i think that i am going to make a FOWLR tank, and some inverts. and maybe keep 2 blue damesles. I picks the ballast and lighting fixtures up for dirt cheap, so i figured i might try them.

I have talked to ppl that have done this with their lights, and have had good results. but if all else fails ill just pick up so PCs

i am still debated what kind of stand for the lights i should make, either the one that is drawn up there, or a box to sit on top.

I'm using the same kind of lights...But I'm only using uno. I should make some kind of stand, bcuz it's just sitting on a peice of acrylic that fits the tank.... :/

BTW nice stand! All that clamping and unclamping wouldn't work for me....I'm in my tanks several times a day up to my elbows. :)

I wonder if there is way to make them pivot. hmmmm? Maybe if the lights were connected with bolts and nuts as opposed to the U brackets I have pictured in my head.

Even that sounds like a pain in the arse.

Perhaps 2 pipes alittle larger than your stand tubing so you can just slide the fixture on the pipes and off for cleaning.

Then you wouldnt have to unclamp your support arms every time you wanted access:)

Archived