SaltCritters.com

What is this thing?

whatisee

Curly cue anemone?

THANK YOU!

that looks pretty close. I have seven of them currently and wanted to make sure they're safe. At this point the tank doesn't have any fish...I wonder if they'll be OK with this type of anemone in the tank? (I have a 20L)

This rock I got from my LFS has a ton on hitchhiker life on it. None of the purple coraline dies off. It has clams, cucumber's, sponges, anemone's (now). I couldn't be more happy.

brent-konieczny

Doesn't look at all like a curly cue to me. The tentacles in my signature are curly cue tentacles. Your anemone looks to be the type not well suited to a coral reef. Post another picture of one in brighter light without a camera flash.

Doesn't look at all like a curly cue to me. The tentacles in my signature are curly cue tentacles. Your anemone looks to be the type not well suited to a coral reef. Post another picture of one in brighter light without a camera flash.

the more i look and research this the more I think it may be a aiptasia anemone. I'll get a better picture up in a bit

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

aptasia 100% both the blue hue and striped tenticals give it away. (not the curly cue type)

btw curly cue anemonies are a member of the aptasia family.

aptasia 100%

So I've read that lemon juice is the best way to get rid of these? Are there any natural predators?

I think peppermint shrimp can get rid of the aipstasia.

It just so happens I added a peppermint shrimp to the tank a few days ago. Maybe I'll go and get the little guy a buddy. :D

Softhammer

Since when does aiptasia have stripe or the color blue? Its a rock flower anemone, and I could say that with 100% certainty especially if you rock came from the carribean. I wouldnt kill it. Feed it, let it grow and if it wreacks havoc remove it and trade it for some more usefull.

Archived