Cultivated Reef

SICK CLOWN!

flick

Hey guys!

My fishy is sick i think!!! There are microbubles in the tank (not now, in the pics, since i turned off powerhead), so i dont know if there getting attached to her or what, but it looks like ick!!! Shes eating great, acting quite normal, and i have only seen her rub against somehting 2 or 3 times since i got her about 6-7 weeks ago. Her partner got caught behind filter, and died maybe 2 weeks ago now :( Shes in 15g tall tank with single green chromis, LR, sand, and cleanup crew....Temp is 78-79, salinity is 1.024, all is good! Paramters are fine!!! What should i do? Is it ick, or air bubbles? PLEASSEE HELP ASAP!!!!!!!!!! Whats the special name for clowns, becuase they dont actually get ick, they get a weird named disease, please tell me what to do, and if she does have ick! Like i said, shes acting fine, green chromis is healthy, and eating well, no deaths in tank, did water change today (which was at right sailinity e.t.c.) The tank has powerhead 70 in it, AquaMini HOB fuge, heater, 6.5 lbs LR, 15lbs sand, 7 blue legged crabs. 3 margarita snails... Here are pics...HELP!

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e104/pet...cal&media=image

Flick :)

PLEASE HELP! :(

I looked at temp right now, its 81 -82...its normally 78!

ITS REALLY HOT HERE! So, is thats whats causing it? I opened lid, and turned heater down....!?!?!?!?!??!!?!? Its a simple 15w flourescent normal canopy, my tanks a FOWLR by the way!

What else should i do?

Flick :(

ok, its morning now....

Hes still swimming perfectly, is very curious still, and eating great!?!? Hes got about 70-100 spots now, what should i do? Should i buy garlic food additive, set him up in a hyposalinity tank for next few weeks/months, or buy a medication to add to him in the FOWLR tank, or in the hospital tank?!?!?!

Thanks guys! Im lucky i noticed it early, since hes still acting very outgoing and normal...whos knows what would have happened if i caught it late

So, i got Garlic Guard by Seachem...for food...

Its the liquid! ALL his spots are gone now, every last one! YAY! I havent feed him with it yet, they went away by themselves... :) So, i have a question about the garlic guard. Should i only use it on flake food? And i feed flake monday-friday, thenfrozen brine saterday-sunday...So would mon-fri be ok for flake with Garlic 'Sauce'?...or should i feed everyday, or...only when i have ick, or everytoher day? Please help me out guys! I hope this garlic additive will make their ammune systems better, and they wont get sick anymore :)

first off, high temps will not do much but stress the fish, plus that high will likely kill any adult parasites. the white spots maybe be ick, or bubbles, eitherway it could potentially be bad. i would still consider treating to be on the safe side. plus, there is no scientific proof that garlic has any effect on ick, it's just word of mouth, i would recommend hyposalinity, a good varied diet, and higher temp

Her spots are gone...

This Garlic is just to add vairtey and give extra vitramins to the food... How do i work the food? Its doesnt tell me what to do?!?! Should i soak the food in it, then dump it in tank, with the garlic aswell? Or should i take out of drenched flake, and then give it to them? Or what? Please help me guys! Will/would the garlic injre the tank? Like if i just siphoned up the food and garlic with turkey blaster, and applied it to the t ank? I guess not, if they would eat it right? Anyone know?!?!?!?!

Flick

clifford513

Just put a couple drops on the flakes before you feed. I would not recommend you feed every day. Every other day is better in my experience. Your clown will eat pods and worms as an opportunist. Speaking from experience.

Archived