Cultivated Reef

maxi jets in the way

reefinnewb

reefinnewb

I have 2 maxijet 600s on my 15g and i cant seem to find a good place for one of them. TO get the best flow i have one smack dab in the middle of the back glass. Its such an eyesore thats the first thing i see. Any ideas on hiding it. I have two islands so the middle of the tank is completely open and both sides are pretty packed with rock.

Sea_Of_Treachery

id have one on each side of the tank pointing towards the middle to get good circulation

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Here is how I hid my Maxi-jets in my 72 gallon tank.... Hope it helps you out...

I'm really big on keeping the reef free of large powerheads and cords hanging all over...

Here is the tank with no power heads:

10p2feh.jpg

Here it is with the power heads:

10p2gaw.jpg

Close up of Maxijet#1

10p2hyd.jpg

Close up of Maxijet#2

10p2id4.jpg

Close up of Maxijet#3

10p2ixu.jpg

reefinnewb

looks good, i hid my one behind rock and the other im gonna have to see what i can do, i hate the look of them and want them oiut but then i lose my flow. Hmm.... Ill have to have a good staring contest with the tank and figure something out. If it was a larger tank, i dont think i would have any problems.

looks good, i hid my one behind rock and the other im gonna have to see what i can do, i hate the look of them and want them oiut but then i lose my flow. Hmm.... Ill have to have a good staring contest with the tank and figure something out. If it was a larger tank, i dont think i would have any problems.

There is always the closed loop job

reefinnewb

now why didnt i think of that. I cant drill of course but i guess i can go over top of the tank. Maybe that will be my only way out. Run a mag 3 and I should be good.

Mags aren't recommended for external saltwater use (per manufacturer's warning). Some people have run them externally regardless and have no issues. Some leak like a sieve. Attempt at your own risk.

reefinnewb

I have one in my watercooled computer for 3 years with no problem, you have to take the front cover off, silicone it and replace. Works like a charm.

reefinnewb

I also have a 1200 I can use. and eliminate the 2 600's since i have flow coming from my return pump also.

reefinnewb

Ok i switched out the 2 x 600s for my 1 1200 and the flow is awsome and Now i only have one pump. Check out the trading post for 2 maxi jet 600s.

I was able to hide mine within the rockwork, can't see a thing except a black hole where the water leads out of a black tube. A clean tank is a natural looking tank.

Archived