Top Shelf Aquatics

Tuxedo's gone homo

Satchmo

Good to be home, but damn this sucks. I'm up to my beans in snow. A foot on the ground already with no end in sight. Got in last night on a bumped flight (thank God), stayed in Manhattan, and just spent the better part of the morning hiking through Hoth to get home. The good news is that there will be plenty of time today to catch up on missed Nano BS. Thankfully, the beer supply is close to max.

Tanks faired well while we were gone. Only casualty was a single melted stalk of xenia, which was close to goo by the time I got back, but doesn't seem to have effected anything else. Unfortunately, I am now forced to question the sexual preference of my tuxedo urchin. I came home to find him parading around the tank draped in a GSP boa. It was a fragged strip of GSP (about 1"x2") that he somehow managed to remove from the rock it was attached to, and wrap around his "shoulders". No idea how he managed this, but I got a good kick out of it. The polyps are open, and the coral looks fine... I may just leave it for comic value.

Now I fully support the right of any urchin to live as he sees fit. However, if he insists on a switch from RO to Evian, he'll be in the Classified forum by the end of the week.

he'll pair up nicely with my NYU purple urchin. :P

it's still here and still no takers. it's like trying to get rid of your old Anthrax cassettes. X)

your urchin doesn't hide out does he? in the case that he light deprive your gsp.

btw i'm shocked any of your xenia can even melt! the two you gave me are still pumping away. my wife goes to me, "hey! aren't those the corals that always die on you? how come those are still alive?" : (grumble, muttering stupid bit...)

lol. This urchin is usually out and about during the day, but I'll probably take the stars off him anyway once the novelty wears off. The xenia that melted had crawled off the glass a few weeks ago and onto the top of my thermometer. He's been perched at the tip like a flagpole sitter. While we were away, the thermometer drifted just upstream of a frogspawn, and I'm pretty sure the xenia got blasted by it.

No room to take your long-spine, but the Anthrax tapes would be welcome in my stowed-away milk crates of forgotton casstettes. I think there's some Mega Death and Metal Church in there to keep them company.

i'd mail the Anthrax to you but i think blue suits would be on my lawn about three hours later! :o

"yes sir, i have a whole collection of Anthrax. whaddya mean i'm under arrest?"

does the tuxedo like to dance the night away to the Village People? It sucks coming home from a warm climate to a blizzard. I went to my office this morning, for some work and to enjoy the deep snow. It's awesome in the city. Quiet, snowy and real purty.

How was PR?

Don't know about the Village People, but he's spending a disturbing amount of time hovering around the pink coralline.

PR was great. We didn't do much outside of lounging around, eating, drinking, and... yeah (she was very appreciative :) ) We both have to work tomorrow, otherwise we were really close to extending the trip. If we weren't able to bump the flight we probably would have stayed a few extra days, jobs be damned. Would have been better than a 48 hour airport vigil.

Sort of a shock to the system coming from tropical warmth to hip-deep snow. Just spent the past hour helping dig my neighbor's car out and I'm still shivering. Better get some karma points for that.

The living room couch has been pulled out to a bed, and we'll be spending the rest of the afternoon fatting out in front of the tube and drinking beers.

Yeah, this city was gorgeous this morning. Nothing more beautiful than New York blanketed with fresh snow. Of course, a day later, it's all gray and sloppy. Enjoy while you can.

• 3 months later...

My young tuxedo urchin has also wrapped himself with a chunk of GSP and looks FABULOUS! I bet he dyes his eyes next. Wish I had a macro lense. He is only about the size of a nickle and has dressed himself in a string of 6 polyps.

• 3 weeks later...

He has gone a step further. Now he is wearing the GSP, a cluster of green zoos, a limpet shell bigger than himself, and a pair of xenia wayyyyyyyy bigger than himself. Keep in mind he is only the size of a nickle.

Archived