Cultivated Reef

question on clownfish

artie

im goin to be setting up a 18g via aqua tank soon after the tank is all cycled i want to put 2 percula clowns in i waant to know can i put a maroon clown with them cause i like both of these kinda clowns .and what other fish do u recomend i can put with them maybe a flame angel or firefish or goby ?this is goin to be a reef tank with live rock and corals and inverts

I would suggest you buy "Clownfishes" by Joyce Wilkerson. It's an excellent information source for keeping clownfish.

No you can't keep a maroon with percs. Maroons are very big, agressive, and territoral. As to what you can keep with the percs...you've got quite a while to research and decide.

Temecula Reefer

I have that same tank and I agree with lizbeth... the maroon will get big for that tank and from what I have read, don't put it in with another clown... I have a mated pair of percs and would recommend getting something that stays down in the rocks or toward the bottom with the clowns... I am thinking about getting a yellow watchman or something along that line.... good luck with your tank and post some pics when it is set up!

Temecula Reefer

My via aqua is great! .... I have a Prizm Deluxe on my sump and it is working good now, the first few weeks I had alot of bubbles going back in the tank, but everything is dialed in! The lighting that comes with the tank seems to pretty good also, atleast for the corals I want...

freakaccident

Consider the clarkii clowns too. I have one large one I bought at premium aquatics last Saturday. He is full of personality. I have a yellow tang that I adpoted and have yet to give away in my tank with him. They swim around like a mated pair. Its quite amusing.

Archived