Cultivated Reef

xenia

gregmoeck

Picked up a nice bunch of xenia yesterday.

Also, I was being over run by those little feather dusters. I mean. hundreds. Well, I added a emrald crab and they are all eaten up now... it's been 3 weeks.

xenia.JPG

V-E-R-Y- nice ;) I am hoping to come across some white in my area. I just love the stuff. There is also a solid light pink that I have seen on line. It ships horrible so I am reluctant to order it .:(

Donna,

I've got some of the light pink stuff you're talking about. If you want, I can send you some next time I prune for free. I'd be happy to get rid of some of it lol. E-mail me (will@seahorse.org) if you're interested.

Nice Xenia. But I hope they dont get outta control. I have isolated my Xenia to the front of the tank where it cant attach to the main rock formation. Its growing like crazy!

My newly acquired xenia are sometimes closed up-not just the tentatacles but the full body and other times they are fully expanded. It does not pulse as much as when it was in the store either. Is my xenia unhappy. It is a small frag located mid level in a 7 bow lighted by 32 w smartlamp. At last check (Friday), Nitrates were at 5. Could this be a problem? Do they require 0 nitrates to be happy?

Archived