Top Shelf Aquatics

What SG to treat ICH???

SplendidWarrior

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using the SEARCH button right now to get info on that same topic. I moved some of my rock around and now my perc has a couple of tiny spots of Ich on him. Poor stressed out little fishy!!

I bought some garlic extract to add to the food, which apparently helps boost their immune system. Also bought some Melafix, although from what I've read so far in the posts I've found, that may not get rid of the Ich.

Definately use the SEARCH button. Type in ICH, or ICH treatment and you should be able to find more info. I did see some info about lowering your SG and quarantining the fish. I typed in Melafix to see if there was any info out there about that and saw some info there about lowering your SG.

Good luck!!

SplendidWarrior

I bought a bottle of Garlic Guard from Seachem a few days ago and have been mixing it to the fish food. I must say the garlic is quite effective cos the white spots are almost all gone. I will continue to use it daily for another week and then reduce the dosage.

• 4 weeks later...

I have found lowering it to 9-16 generally takes care of it pretty effectively...although your corals won't appreciate it. They also make reef-safe medication that uses garlic to get rid of it. It makes your water brown and doesn't smell too good, but it works pretty well. Unfortunately, it is omnipresent, so the best to hope for is to control the outbreaks and keep your fish's immunity up.

Archived