Coral Vue Hydros

Bulb trial on the Bayco 2x13.

lizbeth

The wally world 2700k taken from the blue desk lamp would fire with a little down pressure and jiggle. The AHS 50/50 nothing, I tried two of them, the 6400K wally world replacement bulb nothing, the AHS 6400K nothing........but the AHS "dark blue" fired just fine. Really strange fixture.

I'm going to go over to Lowes and tell them they need to carry the replacement bulbs from Bayco since the light seem to "need" them.

I just got a 13 watt light (it wasn't the bayco one) from Home Depot for 9.50. It only has a 4000k bulb in it, but its going over my fuge so I don't care (I don't think I do anyhow...). They had dual 13 and single 13 bayco shoplights for 25 and 19 dollars respectively. Its too bad they don't fire up the replacement bulbs you got...

The shoplight I got doesnt fire up very fast... it takes a second and then flickers on, but it works just fine after that. I'll post a picture of it when I get back to my place. I'm at my parent's using my dad's tools to build my new hood. :)

I just bought a bayco 2x13 watt drop light. came with a 6500k lamp from home depot. cost was 20 bucks. this should work well for a fuge right? do most people gut the lamp totaly or use it as is?>

OK, after finishing up my hood just to find out that it won't fire actinic bulbs, I bought the $9 single light with the heavy ballast from Wally. Tested it before taking it apart. Now I'm at a crossroads. Fit 3 13watt bulbs under my hood, knowing that I can only run 6500 K lights in 2 of them and add one actinic, or cut it down to 1 6500 and 1 actinic. Any suggestions?

Uncle Ted

Also my shop light is one from Walmart. It's yellow and a Bayco with a 13 watt bulb. We opened it up and it has the tar ballast. It's was like 9.75 a piece or something close to that. I bought two and both are the same. My guess......these would fire an actinic bulb.

Loopy, That's what I'm running on my fuge. So far so good. I was just hoping to replace on of the bulbs with a 50/50 so the light would look prettier to me. :)

Uncle Ted, I'd go with the 2-6500 and the 1-03 and see how it looks.

Kalatay, yeah it's being discussed in several places. That's why I decided to make this a seperate, so it wouldn't get lost in the shuffle.

Archived