SaltCritters.com

For all in the Cincinatti Ohio area........

SaltyDawg

House of Tropics on river road is NOT closed like i stated before. (I got some bad info!) In fact they are totaly stocked to the hilt on live rock!!! They are selling nice looking Fiji for 5.99$ a lb. The rock has Macro on it too but very little coraline. Their coral line encristed rocks are selling as deco rock and is 10$ a lb. But... their coraline rock is 100% enrcristed with deep purple coraling algae. So if you buy then buy the 5.99 a lb rock with the macro and then buy just a couple pounds of their coraline rock and let it spread.

I have some of their 5.99 a lb rock in my 29 now if anyone wants a pic of it? I only bought one 6 lb rock from them as a test to see if it encours alot of die off or has unwanted hitchikers in it. So far so good.

They have 4 huge tanks of it plus a big ass rubber made container filled with it as well. I would expect a price drop sooner or later from them as they dont do mail order and there isnt a whole lot of reefers in the Cinc'y area.

This has been a public service anouncement. LOL!!!!!

Hope this helps some of my fellow Cinc'y reefers out there!

So you were lying before huh? I had a feeling that place was still open. Although everytime I've been there I was the only person there. If you ask me I think it is a shady operation, drug circle or mafia meeting place, etc. Although I must admit the lady who owns it is very nice and knowledgeable. Thanks for the tip on the rock, let me know how it works out for you and post a pic for me if you wouldn't mind. I may have to venture out that way, as soon as this ice storm is over that is.

Nah wasnt lying just havent been there in a long large time and was told by two people they were closed.

It's funny you should mention the place seems shady because that is the reason why i heard they were closed down .

for dealing in the back room and using the store as a front.

Personaly, I could give ######. If people realy want to fry themselves into oblivian and kill thems selves let'em!

The rock they have in the rubbermaid container is only like half cured or somthing. I have had some die off in my tank but nothing major and the macro is fine . I think it is feather culpera or somthing. no hitch hicker in it not even a bristtle worm yet.

The rock in their tanks is totaly cured and looks prety good but like I said man 10$ a lb.!!!!!!!

There smaller frags of coral are prety cheap but their bigger peices are WAY TOO MUCH!! Dont buy a fish there either they sell tangs for like 50 bucks! I mean one that is only 3 inches.

Archived