Innovative Marine Aquariums

Help!!! No algae

caja

I have no algae left in my tank at all...at least none that I can see. My tank is about a month and a half old and I've yet to have an algae bloom. My sally lightfoot has eaten all the visible agae on the rocks and I'm concerned about what she's/he's going to eat. Have I done something wrong? I keep reading about other people's algae problems...

Any way, I've held off buying any snails, since there's nothing for them to eat. I did buy some sort of macroalge at the lfs today. Looks like a miniature version of a solid palm frond. Sally climbed on there and munched a bit and the true perc has nibbled at it.

Any advice on this? Thanks!

I have a true perc in there. Put it in last Thursday. I've been feeding it once a day but the pig eats almost all the food, so hardly any hits the sand for Sally LF to get at. Should I hit the LFS and beg for some algae scapings? Red or green of course...don't want that nasty brown stuff.

Thanks Chris. Right now I'm feeding just a small amount of frozen brine shrimp or slow sinking marine pellets. I'll add just a bit more so they clown won't eat it all. I dropped a chunk of brine (1/2 the size of a corn kernel) into the tank a while ago and the clown stuffed the whole thing into it's mouth. PIG!!

Cool beans!! I dropped some flake marine food in there about two hours after the PIG ate and sure enough they landed on the bottom and Sally got to work.

Don't hate me cuz I'm algae-less!!

I'm sure a week or two from now I'll be on these boards whining about too much algae. hehehe!

freakaccident

Mine finally went away. Be happy you have none. I used the phosphate remover beads to help out. Either it was a coincidence on timing or the phosphate remover beads worked fast.

Archived