Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

New 2.5 aga pico

epracmetcon

epracmetcon

I have a 24g nano cube that I have been waiting to setup but I needed to get something going because I have been getting anxious. Have seen all the great entries in the pico contest and decided I wanted to setup a 2.5g aga. Went to the LFS and picked up a tank, HOB and Current 18w sattelite. Got live rock for it saturday and stuck it all together.

DSC00577.JPG

Sunday I was just checking out all of the little feather duster things that have popped up and noticed two little eyes poking out a hole in the live rock in the middle. Did a little research and the eyes looked like it could be a mantis. I had also heard some clicking so thought it might be it or a pistol shrimp. Decided to go to the LFS today and picked up some mysis and shot one in front of the whole and sure enough a mantis comes darting out grabs the mysis and back in he goes before I could even blink.

arrowmantis.JPG

Not the greatest pic, I need a new cam.

BTW this is my first saltwater reef tank.

ReefApprentice

Nice, I would get a little more LR though, just to make it higher. Are you going to keep the mantis? I would keep it because it is too small to eat fish.

Alex

epracmetcon

Im undecided on wether or not I want to keep it. I dont want it to over grow this tank. I do have a 10g tank back from my freshwater days that I might set up for it. I doubt I am going to get more LR, the big peice to the left actually has a lot of surface area so I am thinking about reaquascaping it.

BlndFshNoIz

If you decide to get rid of the mantis I would be willing to take it off your hands. If you decided to ship that is.

Archived