SaltCritters.com

Corals and zoos for sale

outlao

i don't think it would be more work...i think that if members would just use the 'report post to moderator' button, it'd work fine. :) i mean, that's what it is there for, right?
Actually, I'll bet there is a programming fix that would restrict people from opening a new thread in this section is their post count wasn't high enough.

That is a rule on alot of boards I frequent. It works as long as the mods are on top of it. Basically you cannot start a thread in the classifieds section.

I agree, the minimum 100 post rule sounds good. But that also means more moderation for the admins =(

i agree that something needs to be done, but not sure post count is the answer. they do post counts on rc, and still have problems. sleepy, maybe being a member for a year would be better? most scammers can jack there post count up past 100 in 2 months or less.

ReefApprentice

Honestly, to make 50 bucks and spend 2 months.

Usually they make stupid threads and get banned before that.

use better judgement. his character and post count were under question after the second post. its buyer beware, espically when dealing with offers seemingly too good to be true. that being said i hope you either recieve your goods or see some kind of refund from paypal. good luck

Honestly, to make 50 bucks and spend 2 months.

Usually they make stupid threads and get banned before that.

good point. looks as if you have it figured out. 2 months. my post count is 66, ive been on here every day for over a year. sold/traded/bought from many people. us lower post count veterans couldn't, but 3 month, 125 post count veterans could? but thats cool if they do require 100 posts. looks like i will have to do what many have done....COOL TANK!.... COULD YOU HOLD IT FOR A MONTH, TILL I GET PAID?... NICE ZOOS!....WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR MAG 5?.... WHY ARE YOU GETTING RID OF IT?....THOSE AREN'T RARE!.... I SOLD THOSE FOR 1/2 THAT.....LOCATION?...LOOKING FOR FREE.....etc.

good point. looks as if you have it figured out. 2 months. my post count is 66, ive been on here every day for over a year. sold/traded/bought from many people. us lower post count veterans couldn't, but 3 month, 125 post count veterans could? but thats cool if they do require 100 posts. looks like i will have to do what many have done....COOL TANK!.... COULD YOU HOLD IT FOR A MONTH, TILL I GET PAID?... NICE ZOOS!....WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR MAG 5?.... WHY ARE YOU GETTING RID OF IT?....THOSE AREN'T RARE!.... I SOLD THOSE FOR 1/2 THAT.....LOCATION?...LOOKING FOR FREE.....etc.

:lol: I get what you are saying. There has to be something the mods can do about this issue. It seems that there are alot of people that are getting sausage instead of what they paid for. That sux. That's why I personally try to get my stuff from local reefers. I just feel very weird buying corals over the net. I have done it but i have to get to know the reefer very well.

Remember we are all bashing htis guy when we don't even know if the package is going to get there or not yet. It has only been one day since shipment. Wait until at least Friday to continue tearing him apart :D

Remember we are all bashing htis guy when we don't even know if the package is going to get there or not yet. It has only been one day since shipment. Wait until at least Friday to continue tearing him apart :D

Roger that...just kinda suprized the seller has not spoken up on his thread since it is getting all this attention...At least Pipedenkel was a smart aaa.

Izzue

Wow...everyone's tearing me up for sure. I don't post at N-R that much. Only wanted to sell a few things here. I totally understand where everyone's coming from about not buying from someone who's first post is to sell.

Here's a word of relief for you all. Hopefully this will help ease the tension. "I did email her about the delay in shipping the corals out." I emailed the seller again to carefully check her email that I sent this past tuesday. It was just a misunderstanding. Please stop the bashing.

================

Tue, 23 May 2006 06:41:36 -0700 (PDT)

Subject: Re: Fwd: fire & ice

To: sandrajhumphrey@aol.com

Sandi,

I'm terribly sorry. My car broke down and I'm working on getting it fixed today. I'll ship it out to you first thing tomorrow and should arrive Thursday.

I fragged out a 40-50 polyp peice for you. It looks really nice, you won't be disappointed.

Thanks.

================

oogie - You're right! Those blues did come from The Logical Reef. Lee and I have been working together. He sent me those blues (exact frag). The other ones that are on eggcrates are from Roesmarineworld.com. I've been doing business with Tyrone as well and he sent me a whole bunch of frags. I'm just trying sell some of the frags that I have because they're getting crowded in my tank.

The question you guys might have is: hmmm...what kinda business are you talking about? Well, I'm talking about providing these online stores with some of my services in trade for corals. It's not scandalous or anything...a fair mutual trade.

Oogie, I am in it for the love...not for the money. I'm selling this stuff because I have to raise money to buy a new lid for my calcium reactor, ph controller, and regulator. That's all. Not worth selling corals to make money. Most of us are broke and can't fork out a couple hundred dollars to buy everything we need for this hobby...so what do we do? We sell our extra or outgrown frags/colonies. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Again, terribly sorry about the misunderstanding between me and the seller but I hope that some of you guys understand the situation a little bit better now.

Also, thank you to the anonymous person who emailed me and told me to defend myself. I would've never known all this was stirring up if it wasn't for you. Thanks bud.

flsandwoman

I finally heard from outlao today that the shipment was delayed until Thurs. He supposedly e-mailed me earlier this week, but I never received it and don't use SPAM blockers.

All is well at this point. I will report back on the quality of his shipment on Thursday.

Sandi

Charlie97L
I finally heard from outlao today that the shipment was delayed until Thurs. He supposedly e-mailed me earlier this week, but I never received it and don't use SPAM blockers.

All is well at this point. I will report back on the quality of his shipment on Thursday.

Sandi

great to hear...

it's easy to do the 100 post minimum btw... just split the WTB and FS sections, that way new guys can post WTB. then just do a lockout on the FS forum unless you have 100 posts. really easy to setup, especially with these new forum packages.

outlao , Good to hear from you and don't take the " Bashing " so hard . There has been alot of scams as of late and people are just trying to give Sandi and others reading this thread some helpful advice on how to track photos and spot red flags . I myself was bashed for only using this board to sell till I explained that most of the time I have to help others by phone and email or I would be in serious trouble at work for being on the forum boards . Also others that had bought coral from me spoke up and cleared the air . In other words it's just a bunch of reefers looking out for each other . John

oogie - You're right! Those blues did come from The Logical Reef.

Oogie, I am in it for the love...not for the money.

YAY! Great to hear from ya! See i told you i saw it somewhere! HAHA

I do appologize for thinking ahead! I am sorry.

I totaly understand you. I sell stuff often also to make money for new things.

Thanks again and i am glad this all worked out!

flsandwoman

Hi all,

To put a happy ending to this thread, outlao's fire & ice zoas arrived today. A very nice group that is busy getting used to their new home.

All's well that ends well,

Sandi

Archived