Top Shelf Aquatics

fifty50's custom 10g

fifty50

got the tank! just want to thank scott @ aquatic systems design for awesome customer service, and best of all, an awesome tank w/ excellent craftsmanship!

IMG_3187.JPG

IMG_3188.JPG

IMG_3189.JPG

IMG_3190.JPG

tank will hopefully setup by the end of the week. :D

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

update:

been doing the plumbing. some trial and error, but it's coming along. with one more trip to lowes, i should be finished (probably by tomorrow) :)

progress pic:

IMG_3191.JPG

explanation of what else needs to be done:

top of the T will go to the scwd then branch off from there to both returns. on that same T, a return back to the skimmer chamber in case i want to turn down the flow to the tank. also want to put a piece of hose in between the sump bulkhead and the pipe to the pump so that way i dont stress the pane of glass any.

ok, so lastnight i transfered the tank over. so far things are going well. i gotta tweak the overflow plumbing tho, not crazy about the noise level. anyone have any suggestions?

pics from the initial transfer:

IMG_3205.JPG

sump/fuge:

IMG_3207.JPG

ok, better pics of the tank...

watermelon zoo's:

IMG_3221.JPG

red zoo's:

IMG_3222.JPG

sump/fuge:

IMG_3214.JPG

fts:

IMG_3212.JPG

thanks for looking!

thanks, i'm still researching on how to make my drain outlet quieter b/c lots of bubbles come out into the skimmer chamber which is causing a higher noise level than i'd like.

How do you have the standpipe set up in the overflow? Do you have a vent hole in the cap? This can influence what happens down below to some extent.

Sweet tank!

What lighting is that? And where did you get it? Online or no....? Looks great man! I love what youve done! Nice clowns, and i love your zoo's! Cant wait till you get more in there! What else you planniung on getting? What about xenia ;) That would look AMAZING in your tank ;)

Flick :)

How do you have the standpipe set up in the overflow? Do you have a vent hole in the cap? This can influence what happens down below to some extent.

yea, i have a vent hole in the cap and i slipped in some small ID tubing into the inside of the standpipe. i have it about 2" in maybe. seems to be the quiestest 'setting'. i also put in a T instead of the elbow that goes down into the skimmer chamber. at the top of the T i put a cap w/ a hole in it. seems to help some by releasing the air. but it sometimes squirts out some water, so i put some extra sponge i had from the ac500 i had to keep the water from squirting so much.

Sweet tank!

What lighting is that? And where did you get it? Online or no....? Looks great man! I love what youve done! Nice clowns, and i love your zoo's! Cant wait till you get more in there! What else you planniung on getting? What about xenia ;) That would look AMAZING in your tank ;)

the lighting is the 2x40w dual satellite fixture by current usa. i got it a few months ago from marinedepot.com. i'd like to upgrade to a 150w MH setup sometime in the future. i guess the sunpod would be my choice b/c i'd rather stay away from having to hang something from the wall or ceiling.

this week i should be getting a bunch of coral frags from Pili and Sebea (their names on this forum). list includes kenya tree, zoo's, ric's, frogspawn, candy cane, and maybe a few others. as for xenia, i already have some in the tank. just didn't take close ups of them that day i took pics b/c they were a lil shriveled still from the move to the new tank.

Oh ok sweet thanks!

How was the business at Marineandreef.com? How much was the lighting on the website? I was thinking of ordering from them to! How much was the shipping to your house, cheap, ok, or expensive? Where do you live anyways??? See, im in Guelph Ontario Canada....and need cheapest shipping site.... Would i be able to have xenia, a hammer, GSP, zoo's, and mushrooms in a 15g tall with that lighitng that you have? Sorry for so many questions! I love your tank, and want mine to look like yours, lol ;)

Oh ok sweet thanks!

How was the business at Marineandreef.com? How much was the lighting on the website? I was thinking of ordering from them to! How much was the shipping to your house, cheap, ok, or expensive? Where do you live anyways??? See, im in Guelph Ontario Canada....and need cheapest shipping site.... Would i be able to have xenia, a hammer, GSP, zoo's, and mushrooms in a 15g tall with that lighitng that you have? Sorry for so many questions! I love your tank, and want mine to look like yours, lol ;)

the website was marinedepot.com. business is great with them, i've made a bunch of purchases from them with no problems. the light was about $110, i dont remember the shipping costs. lighting will be able to handle the corals that you listed (atleast i think so).

i'm looking to upgrade to MH sometime in the near future, so i'd be willing to sell my lighting of course :D not sure how soon you were looking into a purchase of lighting equipment.

just got a shipment of a bunch of frangs, thanks to Pili and Sebea on these forums.

list of frags:

- frogspawn

- candy cane

- ricordia

- favia

- zoanthids

- kenya tree

- gsp

pics to come soon!

pics of the frags. they still in the process of opening up and such.

favia:

IMG_3241.JPG

limp kenya tree:

IMG_3243.JPG

rics:

IMG_3244.JPG

candy cane:

IMG_3247.JPG

frogspawn:

IMG_3249.JPG

left side of tank:

IMG_3250.JPG

temporary coral placement:

IMG_3237.JPG

will take better pics in a few days.

Might want to take out that candy cane and remove the bubble algae on it. Be sure to do this outside of the tank in case you burst any of them. Then rinse it with tankwater outside again and it should be fine to put back in.

lots of pics in this update!!

i got the mh setup yesterday. i got the aquamedic oceanlight 150w. came with a 20k bulb. it's suspended about 16" above the water line for right now to acclimate the live stock in the tank.

i also got pili's old aquac remora today.

candy cane:

IMG_3286.JPG

gsp:

IMG_3288.JPG

not sure what type of zoo's. got 'em from Pili:

IMG_3291.JPG

red zoo's:

IMG_3292.JPG

watermelon zoo's:

IMG_3293.JPG

frogspawn:

IMG_3294.JPG

ricordia:

IMG_3296.JPG

favia:

IMG_3298.JPG

sump:

IMG_3334.JPG

top view:

IMG_3300.JPG

at a distance to show the oceanlight:

IMG_3284.JPG

fts, doesn't look as blue as the pic shows:

IMG_3280.JPG

:D

• 2 weeks later...

my first sps! i decided to start shifting the tank to sps :D

'purple/gold green polyp pocillopora'

IMG_0050.JPG

tub's blue polyp birdsnest

IMG_0052.JPG

just got them both few hours ago. pocillopora's polyps already coming out some! will take better pics when they're happy in the tank.

-rob

Archived