Pod Your Reef

New Mini Bow 7

montevallofalcon11

montevallofalcon11

Nope run the tank without a skimmer. Thought about doing the Current Nano-Fission Skimmer, but heard to much bad press. A remora can't fit due to the size of the AC110 on the back so its pretty much skimmerless by necessity lol.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
montevallofalcon11

Yeah, I could have put a Remora on it, but it would have been huge on the tank and I decided that the 110 fuge with purigen is enough filtration as long as I keep up with my water changes. I was a little worried when I added the firefish but my nitrates have never been above 2.5 and are usually at 0.

montevallofalcon11

My large mushroom has been found! He migrated to the back of the tank. He is now attached to rock back there so I am just gonna leave him be.

Is petmountain reliable? anyone ordered anything from them?

edit: MarineDepot just have the 16.5" Sunpod 70W MH in stock today, ordered =)

montevallofalcon11

RIP Jacques the Peppermint Shrimp.

He was active last night and today, just suddenly found his body against the intake tube to the AC110. I examined his body and it looks like he might have been trying to molt. All the levels of the tank are good so I am not really sure what happened. He was a funny freaking lil guy, I'll miss him.

montevallofalcon11

You know I have asked myself tht many times, but I think it is mainly because the water moves away from the MH now in a much larger quantity. All I know is when I installed the AC110 my temp went from spiking at 83-84 degrees without a fan, to staying at 80 with no fan.

Tank is doing really well. All inhabitants other than the passed Shrimp are doing great. I may go tomorrow and get a Skunk Cleaner Shrimp. I haven't decided yet.

montevallofalcon11

Picked up a new shrimp today. Went with a Peppermint again, I just like the lil buggers. I will post pics tomorrow once he has had time to get use to the tank.

montevallofalcon11

Eventful week. New shrimp was killed by what I thought were Nassarius Snails, turned out they were welks. Damn you LFS.

Picked up a new frag of zoas today:

Under 14K MH HQI:

Orange_Zoas.JPG

With Flash:

Orange_Zoas_Flash.JPG

Obligatory Full Tank Shot:

FTS_72206.JPG

Other than the killed shrimp, the tank is doing great!

Eventful week. New shrimp was killed by what I thought were Nassarius Snails, turned out they were welks. Damn you LFS.

Picked up a new frag of zoas today:

Under 14K MH HQI:

Orange_Zoas.JPG

With Flash:

Orange_Zoas_Flash.JPG

Obligatory Full Tank Shot:

FTS_72206.JPG

Other than the killed shrimp, the tank is doing great!

Hard to believe this is only a 7 gallon tank. It is inspiring me to convert my MB7

montevallofalcon11

Thanks! It has come along way in 3 months. I say convert it, the MB7 is just an elegant tank to work with. Also you don't have to go with the MH lighting. There are some more affordable retrofit kits, I just got the MH because I got it used.

• 3 weeks later...
montevallofalcon11

Well had an emerald crab in the tank for the past month. He had been great, no nipping corals, eating all the algae, and just being a good crab. Well tonight he and my firefish wanted the same spot and the firefish lost a piece of her top fin so the crab is OUT!

montevallofalcon11

Well I need to take some more pics. Everything is growing really well except for my Open Brain. His skeleton is showing more and more everyday. I have been target feeding him and all the levels of the tank are great so I don't know whats wrong. :o

I am also in the process of planning an upgrade, hopefully to a 20H. I want more room and and a cleaner looking setup.

Archived