Cultivated Reef

maxi jet 1000 too pwerful - 12 gallon nano dx

maaron

hey everyone i recently upgraded from the stock pump to the maxi 1000. i know many people use the 900, i didnt think there would be much difference going with the 1000, as thats the only version my petstore supplies.

Anyway, seems like now im getting good water movement but the problem is the sand is moving into dunes, which are pretty cool, but is this good for the tank.

jasonincuritiba

if the tank is constantly a sand storm, then its not good, but if the sand has settled it should be fine. Try positioning the live rock to below the flow nozzles and it should help with the sand blowing

One Eyed Bunny

You'll get sand dunes due to the flow reflecting off of rocks and other objects. S'long as you don't have heavy sand kicking up you'll be fine once it settles. Rearranging your aquascaping will cut down on this.

You'll get sand dunes due to the flow reflecting off of rocks and other objects. S'long as you don't have heavy sand kicking up you'll be fine once it settles. Rearranging your aquascaping will cut down on this.

thanks guys, i wouldnt say a sandstorm, just a couple of grains constantly moving. just in the front.

if its like moving every 10 seconds and only a few grains move but if its like large and everythings try and get the splitter [a y fitting and another nozzle (flare)]

if its like moving every 10 seconds and only a few grains move but if its like large and everythings try and get the splitter [a y fitting and another nozzle (flare)]

sorry i didnt really understand what ur saying. its a couple of grains in the front constantly moving.

sorry i didnt really understand what ur saying. its a couple of grains in the front constantly moving.

Get a hydroflow - I have a 1200 MJ in a 11 g and all is fine! :D

If its just a couple of grains moving every 10 seconds or so that is fine. You need some movement on the bottom, as long as it doesn't create a sandstorm or "dunes" and bare patches, its good.

You could also get a T splitter and run two nozzels, that way you would cut down on sand movement while incresing circulation.

where do you get the splitter? also, where can i buy parts for the maxi jets? thanks!

yeah let me know i cant find it anywhere and what size fits the jbj nano's

Archived