Cultivated Reef

.75 pico ideas

BlueSun

I recently purchased a 1 gal (actually .75 I hear) "Mini-Life Aquarium" setup made by aquatic gardens and I plan on turning it into a pic, although I'm not sure what's going in it yet. (Dwarf Seahorses sound cute, but difficult)

I've seen other people on this forum use this or similar setups on their picos, so I'm just trying to gather together info on what's worked and what hasn't for everyone. Get some general feedback on them.

In particular, what does everyone use for heat/light? I'm having a hard time finding a 50/50 PC bulb that will fit it at my LFS, and I'm also considering running it without a heater at all, and I wanted to see if anyone else had got away with this.

johnmauser

I had no problem keeping some happy ricordea and gorgonians in my aquatic gardens mini life with the standard lighting. This was only for a few months though and I couldn't tell you how they would do on a long term scale, but I think they would be fine. Yes dwarf horses are cute but a pain, there like having a girlfriend that's really hot but so picky that shes a pain in the butt to cater to.

Archived