SaltCritters.com

New Bayco 2x13watt worklight

Type-H20

I was at Home depot this week and found a Bayco worklight with 2 x 13 watt PC bulbs in it for only $25.00 (they were only 2700K so you have to order some bulbs) but it has real possibilities .......Think about 2 or 3 (or more) of these units over a 5.5 or 10 gallon. Three of them would be 78Watts.;)

be careful if you plan on hacking the bacyo. the ballast is naked. (fire fire fire fire fire)

gl hf ttyl.

btw.... if you were to buy "thermally protected" diy ballast (and parts) from either ahsupply or hellights (<

Well you might be suuuuprised if you try to put new bulbs in it. They might not work. The one I purchased had 6500K bulbs in it, you might want to look through a box or two of them. As I said in another post I tried a 50/50 bulb in the fixture and it didn't fire.

Tomorrow I might have to try some other bulbs and see what happens.

Lizbeth:

So you found one with 6500K bulbs? (Thanks...I'll double ckeck the boxes when I go back)........Have you tried keeping one 6500K daylight bulb and one actinic in it? and....Maybe your 50/50 bulb was bad?

Just saw this thread after posting on another. My actinics won't fire with this ballast. Looking at my soldering joints atm. The 6500K's work fine btw. Anyone else used actinics in this puppy?

Uncle Ted

Originally posted by Type-H20

Lizbeth:

So you found one with 6500K bulbs?  (Thanks...I'll double ckeck the boxes when I go back)........Have you tried keeping one 6500K daylight bulb and one actinic in it? and....Maybe your 50/50 bulb was bad?

No the 50/50s not bad.

freakaccident

They jsut dont have the juice to fire the actinics. Mine will fire the 50/50 bulb if I start the 50/50 first then switch on the 6500k. Use the sockets and scavenge the ballasts from elsewhere. I want to wire my AH supply ballasts into this fixture (remote ballast) so I could fire any bulbs and have the water resitant housing over my fuge. I am currently running this and two other PCs with 03 bulbs in them over my fuge.

Archived