ReefCleaners.org

How long before I could put a fish in this new tank....

freakaccident

freakaccident

I have a 29g just sitting there. I am contemplating adding about 30 lbs of live sand and 10lbs of live rock to it with no other form of filtration. How long would it take for this to cycle properly before I could add one fish?? I am just looking for an estimate of course. The reason is that I need a fish moved out of my tank.

Thanks,

Aaron

I waited 4 hours and threw in 2 damsel. That was a mistake and shows my lack of patience. They didn't die just sat at the bottom and hung out for 2 hours and then started to swim around. Damsels are tolerant and hardy fish. I think that you should put the rock and sand and then wait 1 week before fish. Anyone else?

Lee

freakaccident

My tank cycled faster than three weeks originally and I used the pre-bagged live sand with established rock. I would think with sand from an established tank as well as established rock it should be ready much sooner.

freakaccident

Stoopid yellow tang I adpoted/saved from the toilet. Not so happy in a 10g. He needs more room to swim although all he does is hide in the rocks except when he's sure I am not looking. I have found a solution though so the 29g isn't going up. I am trading him for some frags this weekend to someone with a 75g that is begging for a pretty yellar fishy. I would like to have kept him until I get a 180g up and running but I dont want the hassles and he would outgrow the 29g before I have the 180g.

Archived