SaltCritters.com

Hows my Rock work?

Nano Cubed

Nano Cubed

Full_Rock_work_resized.jpg

I changed it around for a long time and this is what I ended up with! What do you pros think?

Front_Cave_Resized.jpg

I like this cave in the front rock

Coraline_alge.jpg

The tank is cycling for a week but the coraline algae is still bright

Side_View_1_resize.jpg

Side_View_1_Close_up.jpg

I have lots of small caves, but I noticed lots of you have caves that are bigger or more open. Should I correct?

Side_View_2_resize.jpg

This will be the view I see most often from my seat on the couch. The cave is deep.

i like the branches but it kinda looks like a pile of rocks in that first pic. if it were me, i'd try to open it up a bit more. i know you are kinda limited real estate wise with a cube, but it also looks like you have a lot of rock in there. looks pretty good otherwise!

BTW - all that really matters is that you like it. if you like the way it looks, tell me to shut up!

I looks like theres alot of caves and pass through areas that are maybe hard to see in the pics. My tank looks like a pile of rocks also but in person you see all all the caves and caverns from watching the fish go through them. I think it looks good.

seahorsejl

The "pile of rocks" kinda makes it look like an island in the middle of the ocean. I like it, give loks of options for placement of corals.

You might want to leave some room between the back wall for cleaning, and incase somthing falls back there.

Nano Cubed
I looks like theres alot of caves and pass through areas that are maybe hard to see in the pics. My tank looks like a pile of rocks also but in person you see all all the caves and caverns from watching the fish go through them. I think it looks good.

Thanks, you you hit the nail on the head! You have to be up close to the tank to see the caves and niches. They are not very evident in the 1st shoot.

pile of rocks

ouch! ;)

The "pile of rocks" kinda makes it look like an island in the middle of the ocean. I like it, give loks of options for placement of corals.

Thanks, I didn't really consider that! :D

I don't think it looks bad, but I think it would look better without the branch rock. I would also open it up more so that plenty of water flow can get between the rocks. Also move the formation forward a bit away from the back wall for easier cleaning,

You might want to reverse it - put the tonga branch on the bottom and stack the larger/more solid pieces above. This will allow better flow throughout the aquarium and even more nooks/caves.

Otherwise, you'll hate yourself when crap gets stuck in back with no way to get it out.

I have to agree with the pile of rocks comment...however if you like it keep it...

I think you need to open it up for more flow otherwise heaps of crap will collect in there and you prolly wont be able to get in there and suck it all up...could lead to problems...

I would sack the rock up on 2 sides like a valley and incorporate the branches in between the valley...you could glue frags on the branches....

Just a thought

Archived