Coral Vue Hydros

Death of a Coral

Crakeur

Well, my fat hands did it again. I was tinkering with the placement of a few critters in my tank and my blasstomussa kept getting knocked over during the day or night and in my haste to get things righted before going to work yesterday I accidentally knocked over a three branched acropora frag that was starting to sprout 5 new branches off of the three main branches. I failed to notice that it was laying in the sand and when I got home last night at 10 PM (went to Gangs of NY after work) I saw the coral. I immediately picked it up and noticed that the day in the sand had taken it's toll. I'm not sure if the coral will make it, although there was major polyp extension (as always) on the areas that weren't in the sand.

When I get home tonight, my first order of business will be a water change (first in several months) and then I am getting the glue out and making sure this doesn't happen again.

Just venting my frustrations as this was one hearty, awesome coral. Not colorful but real nice looking.

Looks like I'm making an spsfrag order in the near future.

RPI tank club has had some near 90 % mortality rate because the corals are not affixed to the live rock and

subsequently fallen into the sand. if it wasnt for that, they would be fine. I share your pain Steve. :*(

But RPI felt it lighten their wallet a LOT more.

unfortunately, this was a mounted coral that was growing onto the plug it was mounted on. Stupid me, I moved the coral and didn't secure the plug as well as I thought I did.

Live and learn. Just placed an order with spsfrags.com so I will be replacing that one, the others that have died since my tank move a few months ago and I will fill up the space that was opened up when I did my manhands aquascaping.

That sucks. If you need more stuff, contact that guy Giovanni (grevedin on manreef). He's got some sick Acro colonies, $10/frag and he's right off Union Sq. on 14th.

How was Gangs?

lots of mistakes in the movie - the draft riots took place after Bill the Butcher was dead, the military never fired cannons at the city, chinese immigrants didn't show up till much later but still, for the sheer thrill of violence and entertainment, this is worth seeing. I will say that I had a hard time with Daniel Day Lewis though. To me he looked like Mandy Patinkin doing Indigo Montoya pretending to be Robert DeNiro. Rather comical indeed.

Archived