inTank Media Baskets

Help! I think my fish has a DISEASE!

RLiu818

CamPic124.jpg

Ever since i brought him from petco he has been showing these white round blotches on his body and fins. It appears transparent, like if it shows up on the fin it appears on both sides as if the coloring just faded to white and i can see through it.

Upon close inspection i have realized there are small white bumps embedded in his tail fin.

I have no QT so I am considering a freshwater drip. What do you guys suggest.

in the pic you can see a white blotch on his tail fin.

first, PETCO sucks... hehe

second, your fish has ich because it is stressed..so it would help to find out whats causing the stress.

please give us more information, just for future reference...so we dont have to ask soo many questions to help you :)

how long has the fish been in the tank?

whats your tank parameters?

how old is the tank?

did you inspect the fish before buying it?

how did you acclimate the fish?

good luck, mike

Originally posted by MiKeE

first, PETCO sucks... hehe

second, your fish has ich because it is stressed..so it would help to find out whats causing the stress.

please give us more information, just for future reference...so we dont have to ask soo many questions to help you :)

how long has the fish been in the tank?

whats your tank parameters?

how old is the tank?

did you inspect the fish before buying it?

how did you acclimate the fish?

good luck, mike

fish been in tank for 4 days. ever since he has been in there he has been periodically showing those white blotches.

parameters are what they should be. except nitrate at 2.

tank has been cycled for 3 months now. tested to make sure ammonia and nitrite were 0 before adding in cleaning crew, then fish.

fish was healthy but i noticed there were a batch of unhealthy clowns in the same tank as well. OOPS!

i acclimated by floating open bag on top and pouring in tank water every five minutes. took about 45 in to an hour to acclimate.

Chances are it is indeed as mike said Stress ich.

You should always quarintine fish befre adding them to a display tank. PetNo is NOtorious for using infected nets and NOT dipping them before going from tank to tank catching fish AKA: Spredding disease. Best bet is to wait and see if it goes away on its own. if it WORSENS, look up remedies for Cryptocarion

as a cure, Garlic oil extract soaked on foods works, as well as any medication if not better because it is natural.

Marc Weis Coral vital has an ich inhibitor aded also and will prevent re occouring irritation.

Rid- Ich By fish Vet is a great product as well.

HTH.

Archived