Top Shelf Aquatics

Pics of Display Refugiums?

Electrobes

Electrobes

Well I am curious to see what some reefers out there may have for display refugiums, if out there. In either a year, or now I am planning on adding a display refugium to my 40br.

It will either be a 40br or a 29g tank with a DSB, about 30 lbs of rock, low-light (more filter feeding) clams, and macro algaes.

I haven't decided on the lighting. I was thinking a 175 watt halide (10K). I plan on having about 200-300 gph between the two tanks.

Anyway if you've got a display fuge, please post a pic! :)

qualudethunder

I had a nice little thread on my display refugium but like half of the pics got lost when they switched over the software on the board.

6 Gallon display fuge

Here it is though. It is no longer in use do to a leak. So sad, but I will do another someday soon. It was a great tank with tons of life.

afterfuge3.jpg

7336widefuge.JPG

I Take Pictures

A leak? Do you know the cause by any chance, was it just weak glueing or something? I ask cause I'm super worried abut springing a leak on my custom built sump.

O and sorry for the hijack, this is proably should have been sent via PM but o well. Its just one quik question.

qualudethunder

Yes, weak glue/seal. I must have messed up the cut on the arylic and it eventually pushed through. It was a slow leak but messy. Water was slowly coming from under the tank(along the front) so I never did pinpoint where it was.

Archived