Coral Vue Hydros

Hooray for me!

Aggie05

Well I finally did it. Today I went out and bought my 5.5 tank and starting accumulating the parts necessary to set it up. I ordered a 2x32 PC hood from Champion Lighting and when it gets here I will go get my LR and LS and start my cycle. I'm so excited. So far I have bought the lights, heater, thermometer, and tank. Thats $174 bucks right there. Man this sure is an expensive hobby.

Congrats!! Let this be a warning though this is only the beginning!! =)

If you want you can go out and get the LR now. I like to leave the new LR in the tank for a while with no lights and let the diotoms exhaust they're resources before plugging in the lights only to give them more. Thats just me though

Good Luck!!

What are you waiting for? Go spend more! Get your sand and rocks! I think the rocks are the best part of reefkeeping. They are sooo interesting. :) Really it's true!

I might go get rock tomorrow, they are getting a shipment in tonight so I wanted to wait for my selection to be good. Plus I have a test friday and next tuesday and I can't let myself spend all my time working on the tank.

a word of advice ... Don't get your rock until after your tests ;). I was glued to my tank for three days after I got my rock.

... I don't think I really understood why they called it live rock, until I got some. Coming from the freshwater end of things it was quite a shock ??? .

Well it could be a good week or so before I get my lights. If I got the rock tomorrow would it be ok until then or should I wait? Of course, the rock sits in the store under no lights so i guess it won't be any different.

Go get the rock. I recently let a bunch of rock sit in a bucket with just a powerhead for almost a week, and there was very little coralline die-off. By the time you get your lights, you will probably be almost done cycling the tank.

You can also get hermits and stuff without worrying about light.

Well I got my rock today. Got 9 pounds of Fiji and it looked pretty good. Also got my sand, didn't get LS since I can only get it in 20 pound bags. But I did get some really fine white sand that looks really nice. I will post pics of the setup when I get my lights in.

Archived