Top Shelf Aquatics

acro rehab question

Hinecken

I've gotten pretty friendly with one of the fish store owners in the area. every time I am there and he gets a small frag that isn't doing real well, or a table acro that comes in damaged, he offers me the damaged piece and wishes me luck. I've since rescued a beautiful montipora that is now orange/pink and growing, and what is turning into a very nice acropora frag. Unfortunately the flesh that is now living and getting darker every day is sharing a branch with copius amounts of algae on it. If I toothbrush off the algae, I'm bound to scrape the flesh also. What can I do to remove the algae and allow the flesh to grow back over the skeleton? Thanks all.

carefully pluck the algae off, as much as possible and hope your cleanup crew gets the rest. I have had the same problem happen a few times. Sometimes I win, sometimes the algae wins.

• 1 month later...
NanoReefer53

I say leave it unless you can get a small pick or somethin and brush it away. Acropora can defend themselves against algae as long as it's living.

grow up! ford-obviously you two work together but save thats hit for work clown, don't pollute our board!

tg

and give momma reefer back her avatar!

reefan-did you chirp up before or after that post was edited?

sure your name isn't djm-haven't seen him since chris canned post counts, but you seem to have the same case of diarrhea of the mouth.

tg

nah reefan has been on here... he seems B)

he also seems to like reading the infighting and stirring up a hornets nest on occasion..... :

his day will come soon.. :P

Archived