Coral Vue Hydros

New pic of 40 gal and more to come

JJshiv

On the left you can see my yellow tang gettin sum supplemental macroaglae. Right above the toadstool is my 4-line damsel (maybe my fave). In the center inbewtween the hammer and the worm brain is my 6-line wrasse. The cleaner shrimp and psychadelic goby didnt want to come out for the pic. Way too much other stuff to list and you can pretty much see all the corals if you really look hard. I plan on adding a couple more to the right side soon. Maybe some frogspawn or something. Hope you like it. Let me know what you think.

Looks very nice! I am planning on doing something very similar to this. What size aquafuge are you using? And lights...actually...all specs:) Oh, and one more thing...what additives? I set my 55 gallon up really soon and your tank has given me an idea...

Im using the 18" aquafuge. The lighting is 2 65 watt PC's. One actinic blue and the other in this pic is an old daylight, not sure what K, but I just put in a new 10,000K bulb and everything looks even better. Got the new bulb from Hellolights. I have a CPR bakpak 2R for skimming with the bubble trap/preskimmer combo. After adding the aquafuge I didnt have anymore room for my Aquaclear HOB filter which from seeing all the particles in the tank now is needed. Hopefully I will be able to work with the space I have and try to find a way to get it back on there. I dont use any additives but I do waterchanges at least every week and a half. I have thought about using some additives but everything has been going good so far. I also test the water about every 2 weeks. The calcium levels have been good everytime. If I see any drop I am going to get B-Ionic or something like it. Hope that answers all your questions.

Heres a few pics a little closer up.

101_0155_IMG.jpg

101_0156_IMG.jpg

These are the newest additions. As you can see the 6-liner has no interest in all those planaria. DAMN PLANARIA.

101_0158_IMG.jpg

101_0160_IMG.jpg

do u feed the 6 line also tank looks great is taht a standard forty gal or is it a 40 tall also on the aqua fuge would the 24 inch model fit on a 24 inch tank cam b

Hey Cam, I feed the tank every other day usually. Sometimes longer, but I guess I would have to say the wrasse is well fed. Could be why he doesnt go after the planaria. My tank is a 40 tall. I believe you could put the 24 inch aquafuge on a 24 inch tank. Mine is the 18 inch version and the edge of the power head to the edge of the output tube is little less than 18 inches.

JJ,

Your tank is beautiful now.. I just thought a feather duster would make it look even nicer. I would put one where you 6 Line Wrasse is in the 1st picture, and another on the bottom right corner.

I M O

Archived