Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

goby/shrimp pair?

Sea_Of_Treachery

Sea_Of_Treachery

ok i have a 2.5g pico thats cycled and been set up for over a month. Would a goby/shrimp combo be ok in this tank? i was thinking a tiger pistol with a red banded hi fin, orange spot prawn goby or a yellow watchman.

ok i have a 2.5g pico thats cycled and been set up for over a month. Would a goby/shrimp combo be ok in this tank? i was thinking a tiger pistol with a red banded hi fin, orange spot prawn goby or a yellow watchman.

im sure it will be ok just dont add any other fish and do ur normal waterchange and provide hiding places for the shrimp

I hate to be a dick guys.

And I know this is NANO-reef.

But this 1 gallon, 2 gallon ###### is just plain mean.

You want to stick a fish in a ####### gallon or two of water?

I used to be a fisherman, so I'm not all PETA and ######, I've whacked my share of fish, but it's a ####### GALLON of WATER!

Keep some corals, some little zoas.

Maybe a shrimp...because...well screw shrimp.

I'm not judging you guys...well, I am.

Please make a nice tank. It's small, it's interesting from a chemistry/physics stand point, but what kind of fish wants to live in a gallon of water.

I've lived in Manhattan and I'm 6'8", trust me...it sucks, and I got to go outside a lot.

SplitSequence

I have to agree with bigbabich here, all the research i've done on fish indicates that there isn't much that will live in a pico fishwise, not happily. After all, the only rule of thumb you'll ever hear involving gallons is "1 fish per 5 gallons or fewer".

Sea_Of_Treachery

alright, im gonna make an order soon, should i get 2 sexy shrimp and a medium 3-5" colony of green shrooms, or a cbs with 2 zoo colonies and 2 rics? i thought about it last night as well, im going fishless

I tend to agree with the above posts.

2 gallons is really too small for a fish to be happy. I could survive, given excellent water parameters and top-notch maintanence, but it would not thrive.

I personally would never put a fish in anything less than 5 or 6 gallons, and even then, it would be 1 small goby.

A 1 gallon, though? Out of the question. I think pico tanks are very interesting and I'd love to set one up at work, but I wouldn't put a fish in there. Sexy shrimp are very cool, as are snails and crabs.

The whole point of nano-ing and pico-ing is to keep it simple: less equipment, less livestock.

(On an aside... I wonder what bigbabich said to get the ####'s. "dick" made it through, but not #####)

alright, im gonna make an order soon, should i get 2 sexy shrimp and a medium 3-5" colony of green shrooms, or a cbs with 2 zoo colonies and 2 rics? i thought about it last night as well, im going fishless

go with the sexy shrimps, a cbs will eventually get pretty big.

Also, IMO if I had a pico I wouldn't be against putting in something like a neon goby

sorry about my tear. I was a bit whiskey'd up last night.

I don't think fish should be put in such small tanks, but I'm normally a little more political about it.

I'm such a ####### #######.

sorry about my tear. I was a bit whiskey'd up last night.

I don't think fish should be put in such small tanks, but I'm normally a little more political about it.

I'm such a ####### #######.

Yeah it sounded like you were on an alcohol-induced tyrade. lol

Don't worry about it. I get drunk and become a ##### ##### sometimes, too.

Do the "#"s also double as a rating system? I've noticed different numbers of them representing words. Do more "#"s mean a worse word?

The worst word I can think of is ################################################################################

########

So we'll see how many that generates.

EDIT: Whoa.

Archived