Coral Vue Hydros

One Gallon "the good the bad and the ugly"

mooman

Thought I'de post on my newest pico porject. I just got assigned a perm substitute position for the rest of the year, and figured one month was just long enough to set up a pico, but I went a slightly different direction.

The hardware consists of a stock 1g "betta cube" manufactured By TOM (has a tiny internal "canister" filter and clip on 7w PC.

Stocking list:

The Good

1 Pepermint Shrimp

The Bad

Various left handed hermit crabs

1 Coral Crab

Every God blessed reef star I could pick out of my 10g

The Ugly

6 Apasia anenomes of various sizes harvested from LFS and glued to a couple cheap pieces of LR rubble.

So far all the teachers who have seen it have marveled over how I could set up a salt water tank in five minutes (or even keep one that small). I just smile and take the compliments. I leave the part out about how everything in there (with the exception of the shrimp) will be getting tossed in the dumpster on my way out of the parking lot.

Well tank turned out to be a little dead looking. :angry: The shrimp hides all the time, and the lefty I put in there is by far the most inactive left handed hermit I've ever seen. So, today I added a couple more lefties (the zebra leg kind). They immediately started tear-assing around the tank and fighting with each other over shells. :owned: I also added a scarlet red leg (not a pest I know, but colorful). finally I added a decorator urchin that promptly picked up the scarlet and is at this moment carrying him around the tank lol. If he doesn't manage to free himself soon, I'll give him a hand.

On a side note, the aptasia population has gone from 6 down to 3 in the last few days. I will be feeding the tank for the first time today (too many hermits now). I was thinking a small piece of hotdog (It's footlong chillie dog day...whoohoo).

The caulerpa's not a bad idea, maybe I would hit paydirt and get some parasitic copepods with it :D Any other suggestions of pest species I could add would be greatly appreciated.

angelocarusone
I'd donate my ex-wife, sounds like a fitting environment for her :rolleyes:

HAHA...that made me laugh out loud...

(Me going into the 13th hour of work at 10PM on a Friday makes laughter quite an accomplishment)

Fed the tank for the first time. One "fish flake" sized piece of peperonni. Caused a bit of a grease film to form, but was easily removed with a paper towel.

• 1 month later...

Archived